TECH REQUIREMENTS and CHECK LIST
We accept digital delivery of feature/ mezzanine files via direct upload by secure Shelter upload link sent by us to you, or by direct download via a secure file sharing service. All other assets (Trailers, art, stills, subtitles etc) should be delivered digitally via a secure file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, Aspera, Airbridge).
Feature and Trailer Video Files
- We accept H.264 codecs as an MP4 (preferred), and ProRes files.
- Requirement - Please hard cut straight into the very beginning of the feature * Tone Bars / Count in’s - beeps or Flash images are NOT accepted. Please remove any AD breaks before delivering if formatted fro Television broadcast. Please make the necessary cuts before sending / uploading files.
Minimum Recommended File Format: Feature and Trailer
- Use the following settings as a minimum. This produces a good quality encoding and produces a file approximately 10 GB for a 90-minute film allowing a quicker upload compared to a large ProRes file.
- 15,000 kbps or higher
- 1280 x 720 is good. 1920 x 1080 is better.
- H.264 and AAC are the preferred video and audio codecs.
- Stereo Mix
- We support by default a single stereo stream and an eight-stream configuration for 5.1 audio.
2 Channels or Stereo
- Commonly denoted as Left / Right audio and is supported across all devices. This is where there is a single audio stream with two channels.
Channel 1 - Left
Channel 2 - Right
8 Channel or 5.1 Surround Sound
- This is a specific arrangement of audio channels that supports encoding both for surround sound devices and for stereo supported devices.
If the audio streams have been labelled, the encoder will use these. If the audio streams haven't been labelled, the following order is assumed.
- Stream 1 - Left (FL)
- Stream 2 - Right (FR)
- Stream 3 - Centre (FC)
- Stream 4 - Low Frequency Effects (LFE)
- Stream 5 - Left Surround (BL)
- Stream 6 - Right Surround (BR)
- Stream 7 - Down mix Left (DL)
- Stream 8 - Down mix Right (DR)
- Required - delivered in both .srt and .vtt formats
- Extra - Any foreign language subtitles created in .srt or .vtt formats
Art / Posters
- Required - 1 x Key art in Portrait (3:4), 1 x Landscape (16:9)
- Bonus - any additional - Carousel (1600 x 600) in .jpg or .png at high resolution.
- Required - Key select high resolution stills in .jpg or .png format. * As rough guide 7mb to 20mb
Metadata - Required
- Country / Region of Origin
- Release Year
- Classification (suggested if unclassified)
- Production Company
- Key Crew
- Name – Role
- Name – Character
- Website links
- Festivals & Awards